Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 15, 2014

The Cross

A lot of people have asked me why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints don't wear the cross. A lot of people think that it is because we disapprove or we are offended by it. That is NOT true.

The cross is used in many Christian churches as a symbol of the Savior's death and Resurrection and as a sincere expression of faith. As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we also remember with reverence the suffering of the Savior. But because the Savior lives, we do not use the symbol of His death as the symbol of our faith.


The emotions that come from me from the picture above are indescribable. I cannot fathom how much love Christ has for each one of us to go through all that he did. I think it is incredible that God allowed his Son to come to earth to take upon him death, our sins and all our weaknesses. He is there for each of us. I know that with out a doubt that Christ did everything he did so that we can return to live with God again for eternity.

Read more at: https://www.lds.org/ensign/2005/04/the-symbol-of-our-faith?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment