Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Service

Today we got to do service for the Bishops Storehouse! This is where we go to the church and we help set up, count and pack up food for the needy in our area. This is truly a blessing to all the members around. I was so tired and my foot hurt and I really didn't want to go out the door. But I know that that was Satan trying to keep me from doing the right thing. As soon as I walked in the building, I was still tired, my foot was still hurting and I was slightly grumpy. But when the truck load came I decided to work hard. So I did. I immediately felt so much happier! I was not worried about my pain or sleepiness, I was immersed in pure service! Walking out the building I was filled with joy. Giving selfless service is one of the greatest joy's on earth! :)

The video below is a part of a talk by Elder Holland. It really hits home. He is loving and bold. One of the most unselfish acts of service we can do is share the gospel with all those around us,


Here is a talk about unselfish service that Dallin H. Oaks gives: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/04/unselfish-service?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment