Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Judging Others



Watch the video above how we need to look beyond the outside. Charity will NEVER fail.

My dad told me every day not to judge. He always said, "Judge not lest ye be judged, for that judgement which ye judge ye shall be judged." It is from the Bible in Matthew. I heard this quote everyday and because of that, it is ingrained in my memory forever. It is a legacy that my dad has left for me. He is an amazing example of not judging others. He always looks for the good in others. This is something I have tried to do my whole life. It is not easy, but as I pray every day to see God's children as he does, something changes. I always try to see the good in others. If I find myself thinking judgmental thoughts, I change them immediately.

As a child I was judged a lot. I was bullied all through elementary school. I never felt like I fit in. It was hard. Growing up I never felt like I was pretty. I never felt like I had any worth, because people around me told me so. The never looked on the inside. I had very few friends growing up. My best friend to this day is my mom. This is a picture of when I was a child in 1st grade and when I was a senior in high school. I had grown up, and just didn't care anymore what people thought of me. All I care about was what Christ thought of me. He is truly our Savior and loves each one of us.


We are taught to love one another, treat others how we would like to be treated and so much more. Charity is the pure love of Christ. We NEED to have that charity. Without loving others unconditionally, how can we expect them and even Christ himself to love and forgive us. I feel so strongly that we each need to look at others how Christ does; how God does. I know that if we can just see the good that is in others and truly love them, we can have more peace ourselves and more joy! Don't we all desire peace and joy in this life? I know I do. We CAN do it, IF we have charity for others and we STOP judging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment