Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Family Home Evening

Family night is a wonderful idea that the church put out in the 70's. Family night is set aside for Monday night. Every Monday night families in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are encouraged to set aside a time where there family can talk, read scriptures, learn and do activities that will strengthen their family.

Family Home Evening web page: https://www.lds.org/topics/family-home-evening?lang=eng&query=family+home+evening

This is a picture of my dad's side of the family (minus about 7 individuals) taken a few years ago.


I know that as families try to hold a family night every week that they will come closer together and will be able to withstand all the buffetings of the world around them. My family has given me a source of comfort and support that I could not find any where else. I have a strong testimony of the family unit and I know that families can be together for eternity; because we will be with our families for eternity we need to strengthen our relationships now. No matter how big or small your family is, hold family night every week, it will only bless your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment