Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Modest Is Hottest

Click here to read more about Modesty: https://www.lds.org/topics/modesty?lang=eng

First I want to say that: YOU CAN BE MODEST AND STILL FASHIONABLE AND ATTRACTIVE!

Modesty is the best policy. I remember just a few years ago when I wore what I wanted and not cared what I wore. I only wore the things that I thought would attract boys. I did attract boys, but about 98% of them were dogs and not the kind of man I would ever see myself with in the future. I wore things that I thought were cute and it didn't matter what I wore, as long as it made me and my body look good. That is WRONG. I felt like I needed to make boys and men see the woman curves I was developing and so on, but I didn't! When you wear modest clothing you are showing that you respect the body that God gave you. You show you respect yourself and your peers. You show that you can look good and still be modest. Modest truly is hottest, because it shows more of the inner beauty that won't fade!

Below is a picture that I love. It is beautiful photography done by a wonderful friend, Michelle Belnap. It was my favorite shirt at the time. It wasn't very revealing in some aspects, but It could have been made more modest. I wouldn't wear it now, unless I had a white Shade shirt or a cardigan over it. I wouldn't wear it in front of Jesus, that is for sure!


I always thought that when I looked in the mirror and I thought, "Wow I look good, I bet such and such a guy will like this today.", and so on. But when I would go out in public, I was thinking what can they see. What are they thinking? I never really had true confidence in myself. I was cocky, but not confident. There is a HUGE difference! Now I wear modest clothing that I would wear in front of Christ. I can go about the day not worrying about what others can see, or will think. I can be myself and worry about  more important things. This gives me TRUE CONFIDENCE! Below is a video about some girls who have found the key to confidence! :)

It has taken me a while to realize what modesty really means. It is when we are decent in our dress, words and actions. We don't try to bring attention to ourselves by means of doing things that you would normally not do in front of Christ. One thing that has always helped me, is thinking, "If Jesus Christ were here right now, would I be wearing what I am wearing? Would I say what I am saying? How about would I act the way I am acting?" Ask yourselves these questions often. You will really see a big difference in yourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment