Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Dangers of Cheating

To start off, there is a picture below. Honestly, I has always freaked me out, but I really like the message and it applies perfectly to what I would like to share with y'all today! So read it and enjoy.. Haha, Here is the creepy picture..



Okay so funny story to demonstrate the principle of the danger of cheating, in any form.

Yesterday a bunch of Sisters in the Apex Zone gathered together at the church to play some fun basketball! Now I am not good at basketball at all, but I love to play and have fun! I also like to win... Sister Bowers however is AMAZING at basketball. So I thought you know? This is just a friendly game, it is friendly to tackle her when she has the ball right? She is good enough that it won't matter right?

I will answer that right now. Tackling is cheating and cheating is bad. So you aren't going to win in the long run if you cheat. So I went to tackle Sister Bowers and I totally biffed it hard core. Like not just kind of tripped awkwardly and like fell, but I fell HARD. Let me tell you, that hurt! So I stood up, laughed hysterically and was really sad that we didn't have it on video so I could watch it over and over again. Anyways... I fell on my knee and skinned it pretty bad and bruised it. Well I played the rest of the time, and had a blast. Don't know who won because we didn't keep score and it was all just a friendly game.

Well this morning when I woke up. I was so stiff! I could not move my leg! My knee was completely swollen and black and blue. It hurts so bad! How ridiculous is that? I tried to play a fun friendly game and cheat, and I got hurt. Sister Bowers didn't get hurt. And I didn't just get hurt in the moment. I am still hurt! But of course it was all 100% my fault, so I have no room to complain. But still, my knee is in a lot of pain!

So moral of this silly, stupid stunt of Sister Eastwood is: Don't try to cheat. You will be the one to get hurt.

I am not talking about only games, or silly things that you could physically get hurt, but anything that could hurt you emotionally, or spiritually.

Don't cheat yourself out of getting blessings from God! Do what he asks us to do!

Don't cheat yourself from getting an education, by just casually going to class and cheating during tests. Learn for yourself the material and try your hardest. You get to take what you learn with you to the eternities!

Don't cheat on your spouse! Live the law of chastity, that includes your thoughts and actions!

Don't cheat others of the chance to serve you. Allow others to help you. Everyone gets blessed during service, so why not serve and let others serve you?

Don't cheat and try to get ahead of others. Do it on your own, by working hard. You will get what you earn and what you work for.

There are so many ways to cheat ourselves and others out of the blessings of God. And how sad do you think that makes him? Like seriously, we are all brothers and sisters and we should be loving each other and not trying to take advantage of one another. He wants us all to work our hardest and help others do the same.

So I guess if you get anything out of this story, (besides the fact that I fail..), is that cheating will never benefit you or others around you.

Marion G. Romney gave an awesome talk about how we as LDS members believe in being honest. Here is the link to the talk: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1976/10/we-believe-in-being-honest?lang=eng&query=cheating


No comments:

Post a Comment