Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Loving Others As Jesus Would

I want to start off with a simple test, be honest okay? Look at the picture below for only 3 seconds. Find the green square. Memorize where it is.

Did you find it? Awesome!! Continue reading... there is more to come with this simple test.

Elder Dallin H. Oaks gave an awesome talk about Loving others this past General Conference. Here is the link: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/loving-others-and-living-with-differences?lang=eng

When I was set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I was set apart as a representative of Christ. When I was set apart as His representative, I gained this INCREDIBLE opportunity to see God's children as He sees them.

It is amazing how much the Lord loves each one of us and being able to feel a little bit of that love that he has for others is stunning.

I have found that with this special gift that I love people so much. I didn't know I was capable of loving all these random people I meet every day as much as I do.

We are always told that we need to love everyone. We need to see the good in others. We shouldn't judge. We ALL know these things, but lets be real we are human. We are NOT perfect, nor will we ever be. But if you truly desire to see God's children as he sees them, to not judge them, to love instantly, then PRAY and ask him! He will answer you. God wants us to see others as our brothers and Sisters. He wants us to love everyone and He is more than willing to help us out! We just need to ask.

It can be really hard. There are some people who just push your buttons and rub you the wrong way, but guess what? As much as those individuals who you think are just the most awful, God loves them just as much as He loves you. His love is unconditional.

Now like I said earlier, we are human and probably can't love every single person as much as we should, but we can try! And even just loving those a little more, trying a little harder, God will be so proud of you.

We are all different. There are so many circumstances that we cannot fully comprehend. But if you decide now to look for the good rather than the bad, you see find it. I promise. I pray every day to see God's children as he sees them. It has made the world of difference in my life.

Okay now back to the little test we did at the top. Without looking at the picture, can you tell me where the light blue triangles are? How about the yellow diamonds?

Have a look at the picture again. Where are they?

They are right next to the green square. Why didn't you see them? Because you were looking for the green square. You weren't looking for the triangles or the diamonds.

We see what we want to. We see what ever we are looking for. So are we going to choose to look for the good or the bad in others? Are we going to see only our differences or see how much we are alike as brothers and sisters? Make the choice right now to love others.

No comments:

Post a Comment