Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Grandpa Ivie

My Grandpa is one of the most inspiration people I know. He has been through so much and his testimony in Christ has not wavered. He loves everyone, especially his family and will do anything for them. He is always so kind and cares so dearly about everyone else. He puts others before himself. He is the best example  I can think of, of a true follower of Christ.



I always remember talking to him about the Gospel and how his family was involved in it. On my Grandpa's side of the family we are pioneer stalk. They came across the plains. There are so many inspirational stories of my ancestors that I know because my Grandpa shared them with me.




My Grandpa has such a keen intellect. He has a way to think things through start to end. He is EXTREMELY smart. He loves learning new things. But not only does he learn things for himself, he shares his knowledge with his family. I am lucky enough to be part of his family.


My Grandpa is really sick right now, but no matter what happens I know that he is going to be ok. That our family is going to be ok. We are members of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and we have the knowledge that we get to be together forever. How incredible is that?



Every time I walked into the room, my Grandpa would always say, "There is my favorite Christine." I always blushed. I felt so special every time. Something he taught me, was how much prayers influences our lives. That prayer is the way to communicate with God. It is a gift that we all have, so why not use it always. He has shared many sacred experiences of his prayers being answered. He told me that he prays for every single one of his posterity every night by name. My Grandpa has a BIG family. It is incredible.



My Grandpa is very inspirational and if Grandpa you are reading this right now, know that I love you. You have made a big difference in my life. I am glad we get to be together for the rest of eternity. I know that God has special plans for you. I love you so so much. I miss you! I am so eternally grateful for all that you have taught me. You are in my prayers every day and night.

Love, Your favorite, Sister Christine Eastwood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment