Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Desire

Lately I have been asked the question, "What do you desire?" Every time I am asked it, I really have to think. I know many things that I desire, but the thing that is most prominant to me, is that I desire to have eternal life.

Eternal life is not just living for ever, but it is ultimate happiness forever. So then I think, what would bring me ultimate happiness? I can answer, living with my family.

A lot of time we focus on our immediate family, or even our extended family, but I want to live forever with my spirit family. Sounds kind of weird when I put it like that right? But think about it. We are all children of God and are brothers and sisters. So everyone in the world is my brother and sister. I want to be with my family forever. I want to live with every single one of my brothers and sisters for eternity. That is my greatest desire in my life.

So how can I gain my desire? What I am doing right now. I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am helping others come unto Christ, because he is the way we will gain eternal life.

I know that through Jesus Christ we will be able to attain every desire of our heart. God is our loving Heavenly Father, and wants us to have all the happiness in the world, so why wouldn't we be able to achieve it? He gave us the way and the way is Jesus Christ.

There is this amazing talk about desire by Elder Dallin H. Oaks that a dear friend of mine showed me today. Here is the link: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/desire?lang=eng


The video below is an awesome talk by Elder Nelson. He talks about how salvation is an individual matter, but exaltation is a family matter.

 

So now, ask yourself, What do you desire? Not just for this life, but for the eternities?

No comments:

Post a Comment