Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Testimony

Last night during a lesson I had an epiphany, (sudden realization of great truth) and I realized how much I love the Gospel and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

We were watching the Restoration video, (here is a link: https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2008-06-01-the-restoration?lang=eng) and afterwards we were talking about how Joseph Smith went through all that he did so that we could have the blessings of the Gospel today. He laid down his life because of his testimony and faith. It really made me think would I die for this church?

I can absolutely say without a shadow of doubt, that I would die for this church. If someone made me chose between my life and this gospel, I would choose the gospel. I know that this church is true. I  know that God loves us, and it might be hard, and we will have challenges, but I know that we can have eternal life. We can have that eternal happiness!

I know that Joseph Smith was called of God. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet today. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for all of our sins and our pains and afflictions. I know that we can each be forgiven for all of our sins. I know that we can be with our families for all eternity. I know that God hears and answers each one of our prayers. I know that he loves us.

I would easily lay down my mortal life for God. I would give up anything to have the knowledge that I have. That is why I am here on a mission right now. I love this gospel so much and I want to share it with all of my brothers and sisters so that we can all have eternal happiness together.

Below is a picture a dear friend of mine, Michelle Belnap, took and edited. She has permission from the artist to use his painting of Christ. The quote is very true of me. I belong to the Lord. I would lay down my life for Him and His gospel.


No comments:

Post a Comment