Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 20th. Priesthood Power is REAL!!!!!

Last night was such a special night for me and so many others around me. I woke up in the morning and had my contacts in and washed my face and my contact went behind my eye. I tried everything that I could to get it out and it just wasn't working. I finally went to Urgent Care and they said that I had to go to the Emergency Room because they have the tools needed. it was about 5:30 when this happened and Josh Zimlinghaus was getting baptized at 7! So We decided we would go to the E.R. afterwards and I would just deal with the pain.

We got to the church and about 30 minutes before the Baptism started I asked the Elders, (boy missionaries), if they would give me a priesthood blessing. (The priesthood is the authority of God, and so by getting a blessing with the priesthood, It is basically a blessing from God. See: https://www.lds.org/topics/priesthood-blessing?lang=eng ) It was absolutely from God and I know for a fact that the priesthood power is real. In my blessing it was said that through the baptism I wouldn't feel the pain, and when I went to the E.R. later that they would be able to get it out of my eye. As soon as I walked out of the room, the swelling and redness in my eye went away. For the whole Baptism I didn't feel any pain in my eye. I was able to focus on the incredible things that unfolded.

Below is a picture of Josh and his dear sweet family.


Josh and his family are going to be an eternal family one day. They will be able to live in the presence of God and Jesus Christ and will be together with their oldest deceased son Jonah. That is the power and truthfulness of the Gospel. We can be together forever. We can be with those we love. I know it is possible through the priesthood of God.

My dad was going in for a very big surgery about 5 months ago. I wasn't sure if he was going to live, but I knew that no matter what happened, God gave us a plan of happiness so that we are able to live with our families for eternity. I knew that even if I didn't see him again in this life, I will get to in the next life. I have the promise because of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that I have this promise because of the priesthood of God.

After the Baptism, I followed the counsel of my blessing and I went to the emergency room. I went right back to the room and my darling companion gave me chips and Mt. Dew while we waited. (She didn't know this, but I was wanting a Mt. Dew all day. Sometimes you just get those cravings for your favorite soda you know?) Anyways, the doctor came back and put a Morgan Lens in my eye. It is basically a super hard plastic contact and it has an IV connected and it puts saline in my eye for about 15 minutes. It did flood out the contact eventually! :) (I love the technology God gave us.) The pictures below are of me before and during this painful event.




Because of the priesthood power of God, we are able to be baptized. We are able to be sealed to our families for eternity and we are able to be healed and comforted. I saw the priesthood work miracles in my life and the lives of those around me last night, and many other times in my life. It is truly incredible how true this Gospel is. I know without a doubt that this is the True church of Christ. I know that priesthood power is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment