Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Monday, July 28, 2014

True Friendship

We all need to have true friends in our lives. We need to feel needed. We each need to be a true friend to have true friends. This is one of my best friends. He also happens to be my Dad. We get to hang out together and talk. One of my favorite things about him, is how much fun we can have. He is super smart and joy to be around. He is very humble and loves to work hard. He is a true friend, not because he has to be because he is my dad, but because he wants to be. He wants to be there for me always, and he is.

This is a picture of him restoring Grandpa's 1885 Highwall Hunting Rifle. (see picture of the top right side to see the deer they killed with it.)


Here is a talk about real friendships by Elder Holland: https://www.lds.org/new-era/1998/06/real-friendship?lang=eng


I love the video above about friendship. Be that true friend to everyone around you. Remember the golden rule. Do what Jesus would do. Follow in his light. Love everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment