Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Looking Back

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/become-as-a-little-child?lang=eng

The Link above is a talk by Jean A. Stevens about becoming as a child.

Looking back to years ago when I was in grade school. When I was a child I was innocent. I didn't know any wrong. I was so forgiving. I was happy. I tried to be kind to everyone. I loved to have fun. I served others. I was submissive and meek. I was humble. I was trying to be a good example to everyone around me. I didn't gossip. I read my scriptures. I loved going to church and learning about Christ.

This is a picture of my cousin and I as little kids in a fire place. :)



It is truly no wonder to me that The Lord says we need to become like a child.
In Matthew 18:3-4 we read,
 3. "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
 4. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
These two verses really hit home. We need to look back at how we were as little children, how the little children around us are now and see what we need to do to become more like them. I want to follow Christ the best that I can and one way I can do that is by becoming like a child. I promise each one of you who is reading this, that as you try to become like a child and follow Christ, you will have eternal life. That is something that God wants each of us, His children, to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment