Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Friday, October 24, 2014

LDS Temple Garments

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/temple-garments

When you go through the temple to get your endowments out, as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you make special promises to follow God. As part of this endowment session we then wear garments. They are our inner commitment to follow Jesus Christ, without disrespecting our covenants.

The video below explains and shows the temple garment. Just as all other religions expect respect for their religious clothing, we as Latter-Day Saint members desire the same.

 

Below is a picture of the the Mount Timpanogos Temple in American Fork Utah. This is the temple that I got my endowments out at. It is a beautiful building, but even more beautiful are the covenants I made with God. I am on a mission right now to help others come to Jesus Christ. I have come to Him and I desire all to as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment