Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Picture!

Last week we got to have a special meeting as Sister missionaries in the North Carolina Raleigh Mission. It was absolutely amazing. The spirit was so strong! Below is a picture of all of us missionaries and our fabulous mission president and his wife.


This is the first Christmas that I haven't had with my mom and dad. I am missing them so much right now, but I do not want to be anywhere else than on a mission. A lot of people have asked why I wouldn't want to be home. The truth is, that I would love to be home for the holiday's but being on a mission is so fulfilling. The spirit is so strong. It is so easy to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

I miss my family, our traditions and so much more, but I love the new people I have met, my relationship with God and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So why on earth would anyone be willing to give up 18 months to 2 years of their young lives, to be away from their families and to talk to strangers everyday? Because the church is true and it is so worth it.

The reason I decided to serve: I was going through a lot of things and I just couldn't handle it anymore. I was brought to me knees. For a few hours I just cried and prayed because that is all I knew to do. I had the strongest impression that I needed to start thinking about going on a mission. I just scoffed and I was like really? Me? Come on, you know me God there is no way I could ever do that! 3 days later I got my patriarchal blessing that said I was going on a mission. That confirmed it. Because I know so strongly that this is right where God wants me, I don't want to be anywhere else.

When we can have our wants and desires the same as God's we can ultimate joy. I am so happy right now, despite the fact that I miss my family dearly. This is only 18 months with-out them so that I can help others be together with their families for eternity. It is worth every minute.

I am away from my family to share His Gospel. What will you do for Jesus Christ this season??

No comments:

Post a Comment