Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

AwKwArD

You know that awkward moment when you are so excited to talk to your family on Christmas and then the majority of the conversation you have is about how fat you look? Oh yeah, me too!

Haha, I wanted to post about Christmas and family. I am about the luckiest missionary ever. Almost every missionary ever is away from all their family on Christmas, but I am serving in my Aunt and Uncle's ward! So we got to go to their home for Christmas! :) I got to spend Christmas with my family as a missionary! Lucky right? It gets better!

I didn't just get to call my family, I got skype them! It was so fun to be able to see all their faces! Of course, they were making fun of my fat face.. but you know what? They are just jealous I get to eat all this tasty southern food! ;) Haha We joke a lot in my family and I love that!!!! We always tease each other and have fun! I love that we are close enough to each other that we can joke and have fun!!!

I also got to skype with my Grandpa and Grandpa with a lot of my cousins there! It was so great to be able to see their faces and be able to say hi! I love technology! How blessed are we?! Thousands of miles away and I get to see my whole family and talk to them almost face to face!!! :) Truly incredible.

I realized how blessed I am on Christmas. So many people were so generous towards Sister Fagergren and I. The people here in North Carolina are so inspiring and just incredible. They took care of my companion and I very well and blessed us so dearly!!!!! Thanks!!!!


I am in love with the Gospel. I love being out here and serving the Lord. I love Jesus!

We were talking to a man yesterday on the road and he asked what we aren't allowed to do as missionaries, so we named just a few, we can't: call home, watch t.v., surf the web, go home, go to school, work.

We told him all these things and he was in awe! He asked how old we were and we told him 19. He was SHOCKED! He said, "How is it that you have enough faith and courage at your age to go out and talk to people about Jesus? How can you just not be around your family? How are you able to do that?"

Our answer was simple, "It is hard, but worth it. It is for Jesus and remembering our purpose makes it possible. He has given His life for us, so we can give a little of our lives for him."

Why would we give up so much just to live a life filled with rules and mean people yelling at you and not being able to be home for Christmas, ect.?

SIMPLE:

Because it is for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment