Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Marriage... From The Point of View of a Kid.

I am not married, but I hope one day I will get the chance! I am just a 20 year old kid. But last night I was reading in a Church Magazine about blessing the lives of your kids by strengthening your marriage and it really got me thinking, I would like to share some of my thoughts!

Here is a blurry picture of my parents! 
As I reflected on what I read, I looked a lot at my parents marriage. My parents are not perfect by any means, but they have very loving Marriage!

My parents always say loving and kind things about one another to us kids. I never have heard my parents bash on each other, they only praise each other. When I talk to my dad he talks about my mom as she is the most beautiful woman on earth. You can tell the love and respect he has for her. When I talk to my mom, she tells me about how smart and successful my dad is. You can tell she respects and loves him. I have been able to see the good qualities in my parents amplified by the way they talk about each other.

My parents hug and kiss a lot. Gross right? Well only when you are a kid it's gross, but as I am a little more grown up, I can see that it was one of the many ways that they express their love. A hug and kiss hello and goodbye was comforting to me, to know that my parents loved each other no matter what. It was also their way of getting us kids to leave the room! Ha just had to throw that in there! But seriously, they weren't afraid to show  their affection in front of us kids. So we knew that no matter what they were united and in love.

Me at Graduation Day with my Two AMAZING parents who helped get me their, through love and support.
My parents go on a date every Friday night without fail. As a child it really bugged me, because I wanted to go on those dates! They seemed so fun! But no, my parents always made me stay home with my brothers. I can see now how important those few hours were to my parents. To be together, to talk and spend quality time together. It is something that I want to apply in my future marriage. I think it is incredible how much those few hours every week blessed my family.

There are many reasons my parents have had a successful marriage, but the main thing I believe, is that they focused on Jesus Christ. They both work on are their relationship with God and Jesus. Because they do that, they are able to grow closer to God, each other and us kids. As they pray for our family and for each other, love and peace increases. As they keep the commandments and strive to guild a strong bond with God, they bring so many blessings to our family! I am so grateful for my parents and their example to me. I love them so much! They are incredible.

Like I said before, I am just kid and this is my perspective. My parents are not perfect, but they do a few things right, that's for sure!

The article I read was about parents blessing the lives of their children by having a strong and successful marriage. As a kid, I KNOW THIS IS TRUE! I am so grateful for my parents who are willing to put a lot of things aside and on hold so they can grow stronger together. Because they are strong and united in love, our lives our blessed.

BLACKMAIL! Just kidding. This is a big joke in my family, but we always know how to laugh and have a good time no matter what!

There is so much love in our family and that is due to my parents loving relationship they have with each other. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and my Parents for the life that I have today!

Read the Article Below!

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2015/09/blessing-our-children-by-improving-our-marriages?lang=eng


No comments:

Post a Comment