Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Temples!

Temples are an amazing blessing that we have access to as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. At the temple we make more promises with God and he in return promises us many more blessings.

One of my favorite parts about the Temple is that we are sealed to our spouse for eternity. That means that we are not married until death, but we are continued in marriage in the after life. That has been such a comfort for me in my life, knowing that I am going to be able to be with my parents for ever! Not only that, but it has given me a goal to work towards for my future family.

My favorite Temple is the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I grew up with it just a few miles from my home. I LOVE IT! I cannot put into words the amazing experiences I have had there and hope to continue to have. Here is a picture of it!


There are about 4 main different types of rooms in the Temple. There is the Baptismal Font, the Ordinance Room, the Celestial Room and the Sealing Room.

Why do we have the Baptismal Font? We do something called "baptisms for the dead". Sounds creepy and weird right? Well it's not. It is simply where we have names of those who have died who haven't had the chance to except Christ and be baptized, so we stand in proxy for them so they are still able to have those same blessings that we get when we are baptized. We believe that you are not able to get into Gods glory without being baptized, but all those people who never got the chance to be baptized before they died, that isn't fair that they don't get to go to heaven! So that is the purpose of doing baptisms for those who have already died. 

This is the Baptismal Font in the Alberta Canada Temple

What do we do in the Ordinance Room? I can't say much on this, not because it is a secret, but because the promises that I made with God are so precious to me, I don't want to give anyone a chance to ridicule them. But basically we learn about our life before we came to earth, the fall of Adam and Eve and more of our purpose in this life. After we learn more about these subjects we make promises to God to follow him even more in our lives and he promises us blessings in return. Much like when you are baptized you promise to follow Christ and God blesses you for that!

Every temple is unique, but have the same main parts. Here is one example of what an ordinance room can look like!

The Celestial Room is one of my favorite places to be! There is so much peace and joy that I can find as I sit there. It is a special place for us to be able to learn more of the Spirit and come closer to Jesus Christ. A lot of people when they are troubled or have questions will go to the Celestial Room to ponder and gain peace in their lives. This room emulates what we should strive to our lives always to be like. 
Here is a picture of a Celestial Room. Isn't it gorgeous?!


Finally the Sealing Room. This is the room where families are bound together for all eternity. Like I stated earlier, this is one of my favorite parts of the temple! Many years ago my parents were sealed in the Provo Utah Temple. Because they made this choice, I have the peace in my life, that I will get to be with my family forever. 

Here is an example of what a Sealing Room could look like! This the Payson Temple. 
Below is a video that the Church put out a while back, showing what we do in the temple. A lot of people wonder about "Mormons Magic Underwear." Well first of all, don't call it that. Don't ridicule. And it is just our way that we show we have committed to follow Christ. We don't flaunt it around. Some religions wear different things to show they follow Christ. For example, Priests have a white collar they wear. This is just the way that the Church of Jesus Christ has be directed to express this commitment. 



For more information on Temples. Check out a few of these websites below!



No comments:

Post a Comment