Coming Closer To Christ

The purpose of me writing this blog is to put my thoughts and impressions down in a place so I can help others come closer to Christ. My deepest desire for every person who reads this, is that they will have a desire of their own to take a step closer, no matter how big or small, to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Below is one of my favorite pictures of Jesus Christ. It is done by Greg Olsen.



 I love this picture because it truly shows that Christ is so compassionate about everything that surrounds him. I like to think of myself as one of the little birdies on the branch. Jesus is reaching out to me with such love and gentleness. He is not scary and we shouldn't be scared of him. He is loving and kind and wants us to rely on him for everything. 

I love the caption at the bottom of the picture. None are forgotten by God. Sometimes we can feel as though God abandoned us. HE NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL. I know this for a fact. Through everything I have been through God has always been there. I may not have seen it in the moment, but when I look back I can see that he was there and supported me 100% through it all.

Just like your parents love you, God is our Heavenly parent and loves us. Just like you love your brother, Jesus Christ loves us. Now we aren't perfect and neither is our love, but Jesus's love is perfect. So imagine how much love he must have for us, His brothers and sisters. He is perfect. He knows everything we have gone through and is there for us. How incredible of a promise that is!

I love Jesus Christ and I know that he loves me too. I know that he loves everyone of us. He is the greatest example there has ever been. Because of Him, we can return to live with God again. We can be forgiven of all our sins. We learn how to live better lives. Through Jesus Christ we obtain ultimate happiness. 

If you don't know if God is there for you, then pray right now and sincerely ask! He will answer you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment